Friday, August 13, 2010

Spoils Of My Mothers Neurotic Tendencies

Before I went to work today, my mother decided to clean out the crawl space, for some reason I don't understand.  Something along the lines of "the piles of crap in there need to be dealt with", even though the point of a crawl space is to stack piles of crap so that they're not littering your house for potential guests to oogle at.  Whatever.  She found a lot of my old stuff, including my box of old CDs.  These CDs range in age from about 5th grade to roughly 8th or 9th grade. Some of them were quality finds and I was quite pleased with their recovery.


I thought these CDs were long gone from my life, but they may bless my ears with sweet melodies again, thanks to my mother's persistent cleaning. I also found these beauties.


I live and breathe for Broadway music, it is like flamboyant crack to me.  These things all made me really happy.

However, where there is good there is undoubtedly bad lurking in the shadows. I also found these old CDs in the box.

I bought things without thinking about them as a young'n.  All the wasted money brings fake internet tears to my fake internet eyes.  I was horribly displeased with my former self for these, as well as the huge stack of the other CDs that I could barely even look at any more.


Of course, I also found some things that made my chubby little heart flutter with nostalgia, precious memories that I need tangible items to bring up because clearly they are not important enough on their own.

These include;
 
This gem.  Can you tell I wrote my name all by myself?

Guess which one I am? P.S. I'm the fat one.

Now these just really made me laugh.  I wish I had a scanner so I could scan some pages in, because they are obscene.  I don't know why I thought it was a good idea to put devil horns on some people and hearts around others when I see this children every day. Good job, past me, really astute.


This was by far the coolest thing that was unearthed.  This is a greatest hits Beatles record that I bought for $8 when I went to Montreal in the 8th Grade.  The thought of this almost rotting away in the crawl space makes me cry tears of blood, so thanks mom.

Seriously though, how cool is that?!

All in all, a successful foray into my past.  I had some laughs, shed some tears, and had some more useless music to fill up my iTunes with. I hope you all enjoyed it as heartily as I did. Also, I have one follower, super exciting! I'm moving up in the world.



















No comments:

Post a Comment